Understanding your child’s behavior and mental health can be a challenge. Our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA) are here to be a support and resource for you and your child, but we also understand that you want to get to know your child’s unique challenges even better and learn ways to help them manage and cope when you are away from our clinic. Dr. Nichole Swann provides a list of resources on this page that you can browse to help you gain insight and perspective to help your child. If you would like to learn more about these resources or schedule an appointment to discuss your child’s behavioral health in Glenwood Springs, Rifle and Grand Junction, Colorado, please call 970-665-4744 today!
All of the books below have been read by various members of our team, and we recommend them!
- Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism (Barry Prizant)
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children (Ross Greene)
- Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World (Deborah Reber)
- In a Different Key: The Story of Autism (Caren Zucker and John Donvan)
- The Self-Driven Child: The Science and Sense of Giving Your Kids More Control Over Their Lives (William Stixrud and Ned Johnson)
- An Early Start for Your Child With Autism (Sally Rogers, Geraldine Dawson, Laurie Vismara)
- The Whole Brain Child (Dan Siegel and Tina Payne-Bryson)
- The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy With Autism (Naoki Higashida)
- NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity (Steve Silberman)
- How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen (Joanna Faber and Julie King)
Other Book Suggestions
Our team has not yet read these books, but they are on our to-read list! We invite you to check these books out, too.
- How to Raise an Adult (Julie Lythcott-Haims)
- Beyond Behaviors (Mona Delahooke)
- Different Like Me: My Book of Autism Heroes (Jennifer Elder)
- Smart but Scattered (Peg Dawson)
- The Awesome Autistic Go-To Guide (Yenn Purkis)
- The Asperkid’s Secret Book of Social Rules (Jennifer Cook O’Toole)
- Welcome to the Autistic Community (Lar Berry)